Monday, August 16, 2004

If you don't support your local "Life Flight" program, please think about doing so now.

Crash on I-84 east of Mountain Home injures seven

And if it weren't for the 4 "Life Flight" helicopters that rushed them to the hospital, this would have been a real tragedy. I was comforting the neice of this family, Meriam Rios, who had probable internal injuries and whose vital signs were rapidly deteriorating in front of my very eyes. Thank god for the pilots and the program. And she was only on the third lift of the night, with her sister and brother-in-law being even more serious.

Also, thank god for car seats and their proper use. Of the three young boys in the car, the most serious injury was, I believe, a broken femur. And the little boy in my picture was (physically) fine. It could have been, much, much worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home